changes how Qt4 is found in trunk/kdelibs/

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Wed Apr 5 16:37:50 CEST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 15:11, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 12:44 AM 3/31/2006, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> >Unfortunately this part is going to break with Qt 4.2 where those
> > variables are not directly stored in qmake.conf anymore (as variables
> > like these were duplicated across all make specs and therefore were a
> > pain to maintain). One approach that should work with all Qt versions is
> > to create a simple .pro file, run qmake over it and grep for the moc/uic
> > paths in the resulting Makefile.
>
> Is there anyway we can get QT to change qmake before the release of 4.2 and
> add an option qmake --moc-location --uic-location?

We solved it differently now. After some discussion and thinking we decided
against putting it into qmake. Instead we store the path to uic and moc now
in the pkgconfig files.

That means with Qt 4.2 you'll be able to use pkg-config to figure out the
libraries + paths for building a Qt application as well as the path to
moc/uic.

For example:

pkg-config --variable=moc_location QtCore

Simon