kbsys & win/ fixes

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Oct 24 17:27:01 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2005 18:15 schrieb Jarosław Staniek:
> (most fixes are related to msvc)
>
> BKSYS:
> -fixes for KDE_DISTRIBUTION_TEXT, KDE_COMPILER_VERSION, KDE_COMPILING_OS
> -improved 'GENCCFLAGS' for msvc (Christian)
> -export macros for KICE (Christian)
> -indentation fixes
> -addef #ifdef BKSYS_CONFIG_H in build/config.h
> -commented out declarations of a few functions in string.h and stdlib.h
> being implemented in kdefakes because it's already declared in
> build/config.h
>
> DCOP:
> -KDEICE is compiled as static lib (Christian: no need for KICE_EXPORT,
> yeah?)
>
> QUESTION: are we going to support kdeinit on win32?
If we are not able to handle all the required stuff in kdecore itself, yes.
Because forking isn't available under windows, it is required to start
applications as exe or for kioslaves start a wrapper by  kdeinit, which
load's the related kio-slave dll dynamically.  I had got running something
like this on cygwin.

May be it is possible to run all requested kio-slaves in kdeinit using
threads, but currently don't know how much effort is  required.

Ralf