trunk apidox tools (was Re: doc update)

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Oct 23 22:37:53 CEST 2005

On Sunday 23 October 2005 16:49, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Sunday 23 October 2005 09:14, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > In the meantime I've placed temporary the doc under
> > http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-windows/bksys/doc/
>
> http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/ should periodically have
> generations of the 4.0 apidox, although the relevant links does at this
> writing give 404.

You'll want to start at, say,
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/?component=kde-4.0 for a nice
index page or http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-kde-4.0/
for whatever has been generated most recently. bksys dox aren't generated at
all because there's nothing to tell the dox system that there are dox in
bksys. For that to happen, there would have to be a Makefile.am in bksys/ --
which would be a little weird.

This reminds me: Coolo suggests that it's time to get rid of 'make apidox' and
leave it to a separate tool to do the work; probably in kdesdk or so. That's
fine, I can easily move the tools out of admin/ into wherever (and hey, maybe
port them from shell script to python now that we have that dependency
_anyway_). What we _do_ need to do is agree on how to handle the settings for
apidox now found in Makefile.am. These are:

1) That there are apidox at all. Currently marked by "include
$(top_srcdir)/admin/Doxyfile.am" in Makefile.am.

2) Cross-references. Marked by "DOXYGEN_REFERENCES".

3) Excludes. Marked by "DOXYGEN_EXCLUDE".

4) Random weird-ass other apidox settings, marked by "DOXYGEN_SET_*".

The dox tools also rely on grepping top-level Makefile.am and configure.in.in
for various settings used in KDE modules (version numbers, module names),
which need to be kept.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot