main TODO file ?

tnagyemail-ml@yahoo.fr tnagyemail-ml at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 16 23:42:29 CEST 2005

> Personally I think it's really too early for that.

Agreed, it is a bit early.

Someone was talking about a libtool replacement on
irc, does everybody feel such a thing is necessary by
the way ?

> We first have to try and make
> the writing of SConscript files as easy as possible;
> it shouldn't take more lines
> (or more pieces of information, more precisely) than
> with Makefile.am syntax.

> It should also be straightforward - e.g. having to
> add obj.iskdelib=1 or it_is_a_kdelib()
> to libraries to say that they are not loadable
> modules seems wrong; shouldn't that be
> kdeobj('shlib') vs kdeobj('module') ?

Fixed (committed five minutes ago).

> The '#' and
> '##' stuff has to go away too.

Indeed. There is also a problem with miniscons and
dcop that i will fix (observer_stub.h).

> OK for the rest it's starting to look quite OK, as
> far as building is concerned.
> We still have much work on the configuration side,
> but that's another topic.

Like the detection of gif_lib.h

Thomas

/* Thomas Nagy */