installation related question

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Oct 15 16:34:42 CEST 2005

Am Samstag, 15. Oktober 2005 15:49 schrieb tnagyemail-ml at yahoo.fr:
> > you means something like this
> >
> > install_headers="a.h b.h c.h"
> > obj.=genobj('KDEINCLUDE',env)
> > obj.source = install_headers
> > obj.execute()
> >
> > or
> >
> > obj.=genobj('shlib',env)
> > obj.headers = install_headers
> > obj.execute()
>
> Something more like this:
> obj=env.genobj('shlib', env)
> obj.target=somelib
> obj.instdir=env['KDEINCLUDES']
>
> And for generic files
> env.bksys_install('KDEINCLUDES', '', 'myfile.h
> myfile2.h')
>
> > The original bksys documentation on
> > http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/bksys_manual.html
> > prefers the usage of the
> > KDEinstall KDEinstallas, but the new genobj classes
> > are not documented there
> > and i haven't found any related genobj class.
>
> KDEinstall and KDEinstallas have been moved to
> bksys_install. That documentation is obsolete since
> Malaga.

How does this fit into the genobj philosophy ? On the first contact with kbsys
I was very impressed of the genobj and friends idea, because it is  very
simple and straight forward.
Installation of the related object is one part of this (using instdir class
member and may be others) so I thought installation of other object would go
the same way. I think that this would reduce the learning curve.

Additional I thought that data or header for a specific object could be
defined in the objects context to make clear that they belongs to this
object. (self explaining) :

obj.instdata=
obj.instlocal =
obj.instconf =

Any comments ?
BTW: Is anywhere a complete specification/howto as holger mentioed available ?

Regards
Ralf