idea about improving moc support

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 16:16:35 CEST 2005

On 10/15/05, Nagy Thomas <tnagy256 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> > I thought that as well, but I just can not figure
> out how to use the
> > scons cache to save these kinds of info. On the
> other hand, the new
> > approach only scans once (however, there is still an
> outstanding
> > issue)
>
> I have asked on dev at scons.tigris.org, i will see what
> they say. My idea is to let our code scan for
> dependencies on nodes early and to let us add the moc
> stuff. The dependencies should be attached to the
> Files themselves (Node/FS.py).
Right, this is what I tried to implement in my patch as well. However,
I can not figure out how to save/retrieve the info

> Concerning your patch, i am afraid there can be a flaw
> in the logic i guess .. the scanner is called only
> once so even if the dependency on moc can be added,
> scons will not know how to make it on the next run -
> but i am just guessing right now.
I agree, this is the case right now.
However, if we know howto attach some info into File, then we can
implement the saving of the info in the scan function in the patch

- Old Chinese adage