win32\detect_qt4.py question

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Oct 14 23:43:17 CEST 2005

Hi all,
on mingw (win32-g++)  compiling qt apps requires the following definitions.:

some of them are generic,

-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT
-DQT_EDITION=QT_EDITION_DESKTOP -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG

some of them are component related

 -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB

After taking a look into detect_qt4.py I was a little irritated about the
relations.

1. QT -> qtgui + libz

2. QTCORE -> qtCore
3. QTGUI     -> qtCore + qtGui (without z)
4. QTNETWORK -> qtNetwork
5. QTOPENGL ->
6. QTSQL
7. QTXML
8. QTASSISTANT
9. QTDESIGNER

item 2-9 are clear and the above mentioned flags could be assigned but I don't
know how to assign the generic flags to which item. Initial I thought the
uselib item "QT" refers to basic QT definitions, where the generic
definitions could be added , but as stated above it is a mixture. How to
proceed ?

Ralf