build kdecore/svgicons with scons

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Nov 18 15:01:56 CET 2005

Matt Rogers said the following, On 2005-11-18 14:40:

> On Thursday 17 November 2005 23:34, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>
>>Matt Rogers schrieb:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>This patch uses the libagg build patch I sent earlier and builds and
>>>links svgicons into kdecore.
>>
>>Imho this is already done in kdelibs/kdecore/Sconscript - see at the
>>bottom 'if env.has_key("CACHED_AGG") and env['CACHED_AGG']:'
>>And I think you won't use convenience-libs anymore (see dcop/KDE-ICE for
>>example).
>>
>>Christian
>

> I rework my patch then, because it didn't build with what's currently in SVN.
>
> Also, why don't we want to use convenience libraries? is sharing code not a
> useful thing to do anymore?

Sharing code is recommended. This is done by using shared libraries.
Convenience libraries (if I understood you properly) are static libraries - a
no-longer-needed workaround for autotools.
And as Christian said, these were used once. If these were used more than
once, it's reasonable to provede them as shared libs, not as static.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska