End of 2016 update on PyKF5 bindings

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 23:38:52 UTC 2017

Shaheed Haque wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 18 January 2017 at 21:44, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Shaheed Haque wrote:
>>
>>> HI Steve,
>>>
>>> I closed two of the reviews based on testing KDE/master. That leaves
>>> only https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/129763/: this should be
>>> non-controversial as it removes a functional no-op which just gets ion
>>> the way of my stuff, so please take a look at it when you can.
>>
>> This doesn't look like a no-op to me. I'm also generally not in favor of
>> adding things to ECM which do not directly help the goal of getting
>> bindings into frameworks repos.
>
> If you look at how the CMake constructs ${hdr_filename} and
> ${hdr_file}, you'll see that they are redundant.

Hi Shaheed,

It is not uncommon in kde repos (eg kcoreaddons) to specify files in
subdirectories, yet expect that the filename without subdirectory is what is
used in the #include. I think that's what you're seeing as 'redundancy'.
I've extended the ECM test for this case. I don't know if your patch affects
it.

> I plan to do the rebasing in two phases, mostly to cleanly separate
> the bulk stuff from your view. I'm making decent progress on the first
> phase. So far a couple things have come up, and I will discuss them
> with you in a separate thread so we can explore the way forward as
> they come up.

Great. I hope the issues can be discussed in terms of adding more/better
bindings to repos.

Thanks,

Steve.