End of 2016 update on PyKF5 bindings

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:17:09 UTC 2017

Shaheed Haque wrote:

> Hi Steve and others,
>
> Using a bit of free time, over on github
> (https://github.com/ShaheedHaque), I've cued up a few pull requests

Hi Shaheed,

It looks like you made pull requests to merge to my github clone. That is
obsolete. The work is going on in the kde extra-cmake-modules repo, and
other frameworks repos.

Can you extract self-contained commits and propose them for that repo?

You seem to have changed some things in your clone such as using

 enum.kind == CursorKind.ENUM_CONSTANT_DECL

Please extend the unit test in tests/GenerateSipBindings for that and other
similar items.

> If we can get the PRs merged, and work out item 4 above,
> what else might be needed to getting this into production?

There are still packaging related issues, but I don't know how to solve
them
and I would look to others to provide guidance there.

Other than that, I have just pushed binding generation code and unit tests
for KGuiAddons. The way forward is to push bindings for other frameworks,
and to extend the binding generator in extra-cmake-modules with features,
fixes and unit tests as needed. I'll continue with that when I have time
too.

Thanks,

Steve.