[Kde-bindings] Smoke: Where is QString?

Chris Burel chrisburel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 22:42:22 UTC 2013

I wrote
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Smoke/API_Documentation a few
years ago, but I think it is still relevant, and a good place to start for
people new to smoke.

QString is not included, because the thought is that any QString instance
would be marshalled to whatever string class is native to the target
language.  So, if you were in Perl, you'd never make a QString instance
directly.  Instead, you'd pass a native Perl string to a method expecting a
QString, and the bindings would take care of converting that to a QString.