[Kde-bindings] Getting started with qyoto?

Peter Hultqvist phq at silentorbit.com
Sun Feb 17 12:54:52 UTC 2013

Thanks for the help, I finally got it working all the way to writing a
demo app.

The only difference was to not have the qt4 in the path:
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

Here is my summary on how I got it all compiled.
There might be some tuning, for example I doubt I need to run ldconfig
after the last "make install" run.

Building Qyoto from source

Get the source code:

    git clone git://anongit.kde.org/smokegen
    git clone git://anongit.kde.org/smokeqt
    git clone git://anongit.kde.org/assemblygen

Install necessary libraries

    sudo apt-get install cmake-qt-gui libqt4-dev build-essential

Prepare build directories

    mkdir build
    mkdir build/smokegen
    mkdir build/smokeqt
    mkdir build/assemblygen

Build the sources in order, starting with smokegen

    cd build/smokegen
    cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
../../smokegen/
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo ldconfig

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

    cd ../smokeqt
    cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
../../smokeqt/
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo ldconfig

    cd ../assemblygen
    cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
../../assemblygen/
    make

    for file in bin/*.dll
    do
        sn -R $file ../../assemblygen/assemblies/key.snk
    done
    sudo make install
    sudo ldconfig