[Kde-bindings] Qyoto issues - QPainter, QSvgGenerator

Ruth Ivimey-Cook ruth at ivimey.org
Fri Feb 1 18:08:54 UTC 2013

Hi

Dimitar wrote:
>     I'm sorry, for now I can only tell it's most probably not related
> to Qyoto. I made some searches and apparently this error can occur
> with various files in many types of projects. I'll mail you if I find
> out something else.
Well I've made some progress, of sorts. The EDMX error was a red
herring... just misconfiguration of a dll copy.

It's crashing as soon as it attempts to create the main window, before
the Main function's Exec(), in part of the initialisation that calls
this code. In my Main routine I have previously set the OrganisationName
and ApplicationName into the QApplication object:
         [Q_SLOT]
         public void readAppSettings()
         {
             QByteArray bytes = (QByteArray)settings.Value("geometry",
this.SaveGeometry);
             RestoreGeometry(bytes);
         }

VS2010 won't let me debug into the problem saying it can't even find the
disassembly of the error. The actual message I get is:

FatalExecutionEngineError was detected
Message: The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the
error was at 0x6178ff2b, on thread 0x4c0. The error code is 0xc0000005.
This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable
portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user
marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack.

Checking with Process Monitor suggests that all the libraries the
program is looking for are successfully loaded. The last line in the
process monitor before the crash is a QueryNameInformationFile of
mscoreei.dll, the MS Execution Engine, with a stack trace as follows:

15    wow64.dll    Wow64LdrpInitialize + 0x429 0x72d4c549
C:\Windows\System32\wow64.dll
16    ntdll.dll    RtlUniform + 0x6e6    0x76d44956
C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll
17    ntdll.dll    RtlCreateTagHeap + 0xa7 0x76d41a17
C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll
18    ntdll.dll    LdrInitializeThunk + 0xe 0x76d2c32e
C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll
19    ntdll.dll    ZwQueryVirtualMemory + 0x12 0x76effbca
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
20    kernel32.dll    SetUnhandledExceptionFilter + 0x141
0x748e88f2    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll
21    kernel32.dll    GetProfileStringW + 0x12a3d 0x7491ffd9
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll
22    ntdll.dll    RtlKnownExceptionFilter + 0xb7 0x76f574df
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
23    ntdll.dll    RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 0x36 0x76f19ec5
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

The only thing I see there that might help is ZwQueryVirtualMemory,
which just could indicate an out of memory condition?? I don't know
enough. The PC itself has lots of RAM (8GB)?

Hope this sheds more light...

Ruth

--
Software Manager & Engineer