[Kde-bindings] smokegen mistaking classes as forwarded

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 19:07:19 UTC 2013

    Hello,

    We have the following situation with Qt 5 that smokegen cannot handle: QMetaObject::Connection, declared in qobjectsdef.h, is not wrapped. These lines at SmokeDataFile::SmokeDataFile() in writeSmokeDataFile:

    if (!Options::classList.contains(iter.key()) || iter.value().isForwardDecl())
        externalClasses << &iter.value();

    marks this class as external. This makes it impossible to wrap Qt 5 because this class is the return type of the QObject::connect function in Qt 5. Removing the "iter.value().isForwardDecl()" part wraps the class (which makes wrapping possible) but fails to wrap any of its members so it's half a solution. Removing the other usages of  "isForwardDecl()" would wrap the members as well but this generates a whole lot of errors because of classes that are really external. I haven't delved any deeper yet but does anyone have a clue?

    Regards,
    Dimitar Dobrev