[Kde-bindings] Re: various QAccessibleBridgePlugin symbols not found on mac build

Ben Skelton ben.skelton at chestnut-tree-cafe.org
Sat Feb 12 16:09:01 UTC 2011

Hi Arno,

thanks for that. I pulled the repository and can see the change:

> Kauri:smokeqt benskelton$ git whatchanged
> commit ada5f597432ee33d031b49f050aaa25c631dba19
> Author: Arno Rehn <arno at arnorehn.de>
> Date:   Thu Feb 10 17:27:54 2011 +0100
>
>     include QT_NO_ACCESSIBILITY checks in every build (important for mac builds)
>
> :100644 100644 a5f4e24... 25eb32a... M  qtcore/QtGuess.txt

Removing the cmake cache and re-running gives:

> -- Checking how Qt was built...
> -- Threshold is set to 15
> -- QT_NO_DEBUG *Undefined*
> -- QT_NO_ACCESSIBILITY *Undefined*
> -- QT_NO_STYLE_PLASTIQUE *Undefined*
> -- QT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSXP [Defined]
> -- QT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWS *Undefined*
> -- QT_NO_STYLE_MAC [Defined]
> -- QT_NO_STYLE_CLEANLOOKS *Undefined*
> -- QT_NO_TABLEVIEW *Undefined*

I don't know if the undefined QT_NO_ACCESSIBILITY is expected. I was running into some strange build errors that made me think that there was a problem with my macports build of qt. I deactivated macports' qt and installed the SDK from qt.nokia.com/downloads.

I've noticed that config.xml files have some header file errors when Qt is "Frameworkized" instead of installed in the /opt/local tree with the macports install. For example in qtcore/config.xml:

> <config>
>     <resolveTypedefs>true</resolveTypedefs>
>     <qtMode>true</qtMode>
>     <generator>smoke</generator>
>     <definesList>/Users/benskelton/Desktop/Aladdin/smokeqt/qtdefines</definesList>
>     <includeDirs>
>         <dir>/usr/include;/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework</dir>
>         <dir>/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers</dir>
>     </includeDirs>
> </config>

the first includeDirs seems wrong and should be:

> /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers

A bigger problem then occurs:

> [  3%] Building CXX object qtcore/CMakeFiles/smokeqtcore.dir/x_1.cpp.o
> /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qabstractanimation.h: In constructor ‘__smokeqtcore::x_QAbstractAnimation::x_QAbstractAnimation(const QAbstractAnimation&)’:
> /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qabstractanimation.h:131: error: ‘QAbstractAnimation::QAbstractAnimation(const QAbstractAnimation&)’ is private
> /Users/benskelton/Desktop/Aladdin/smokeqt/qtcore/x_1.cpp:165: error: within this context
> /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qobject.h: In copy constructor ‘QAbstractEventDispatcher::QAbstractEventDispatcher(const QAbstractEventDispatcher&)’:
> /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qobject.h:309: error: ‘QObject::QObject(const QObject&)’ is private
> /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qabstracteventdispatcher.h:59: error: within this context
> /Users/benskelton/Desktop/Aladdin/smokeqt/qtcore/x_1.cpp: In constructor ‘__smokeqtcore::x_QAbstractEventDispatcher::x_QAbstractEventDispatcher(const QAbstractEventDispatcher&)’:
> /Users/benskelton/Desktop/Aladdin/smokeqt/qtcore/x_1.cpp:443: note: synthesized method ‘QAbstractEventDispatcher::QAbstractEventDispatcher(const QAbstractEventDispatcher&)’ first required here
> make[2]: *** [qtcore/CMakeFiles/smokeqtcore.dir/x_1.cpp.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [qtcore/CMakeFiles/smokeqtcore.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I don't know where to start debugging these without a nudge from someone in the know.

cheers,
--Ben

On Thursday 10 February 2011 17:13:51 Ben Skelton wrote:
> I've had some problems getting this far with the build of smokegen and
> smokeqt on my mac (qt4.7.1, cmake2.8.3) so I may have broken something.
> I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give as to what I can do to move
> forward from the build error shown at http://pastie.org/1549430.
I've pushed a fix to current git master. For some reason the checks for
QT_NO_ACCESSIBILITY were disabled on all platforms, but the OS X version of Qt
doesn't seem to include the accessibility stuff. I've enabled the check now.
Please make sure that you start with a clean build dir.
If everything works fine, can you post your patches to this ML so we can
review and apply them? Would be really cool :)