[Kde-bindings] My latest collection of patches

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 02:54:55 UTC 2011

The attached archive contains what I hope is the final patch file for smokeqt, to get it to build under Windows.

Also in that archive is everything I know about how to build and run Qyoto under Windows, complete with all the bugs I know about.  If anyone (e.g. Dimitar) wishes to expand upon these instructions, or the bug list, I'd appreciate it.

BTW, assemblygen/src/plugins/qyoto/QyotoTranslator.cs contains a change that shouldn't have been checked in.  Look for the word "HACK".  Next time, I'll submit the not-to-be-checked-in patches separately, to avoid this issue.

I'm pretty close to being able to submit a patch for building assemblygen under Windows, but I have one question.  I found it was necessary to add "/platform:x86" to the C# compiler command line in order to build assemblygen.  Right now, I have that hacked into assemblygen/cmake/modules/CMakeCSharpInformation.cmake, but I want to do something better.  I know that CMake determines the compiler ABI; it seems to use assemblygen-build/CMakeFiles/CompilerIdC/CMakeCCompilerId.c and assemblygen-build/CMakeFiles/CompilerIdCXX/CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp to do that.  However, I have no idea how to retrieve that information.  It doesn't seem to set a variable to "x86" or anything.  Does anyone know how to get this information properly?

Steven Boswell