[Kde-bindings] Building assemblygen (unsuccessfully) on Windows/Linux

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 19:11:15 UTC 2011

I finally grabbed the correct branch of assemblygen, and tried to build it under Linux and Windows.

Under Linux (Fedora Core 16), it dies when trying to build qyoto-qtdbus:

[ 28%] Generating ../../bin/qyoto-qtdbus.dll
Registered Qyoto hooks.
Generating CodeCompileUnit...
GetSignals: invalid meta-object for class QDBusAbstractInterfaceBase
GetSignals: invalid meta-object for class QDBusInterface
Generating code...
Compiling assembly...
/tmp/2fcfcb00/35413d21.5.cs(1035,40) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name `QDBusUnixFileDescriptor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
/tmp/2fcfcb00/35413d21.5.cs(1163,39) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name `QDBusUnixFileDescriptor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
/tmp/2fcfcb00/35413d21.5.cs(1723,60) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name `QDBusVirtualObject' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
/tmp/2fcfcb00/35413d21.5.cs(1733,60) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name `QDBusVirtualObject' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Errors occured. No assembly was generated.
make[2]: *** [bin/qyoto-qtdbus.dll] Error 2

I have no idea what "invalid meta-object for class" means or what to do about it.  The other Qyoto assemblies also have problems with types not being found.  Hopefully once a solution is found for qyoto-qtdbus' problems, the rest will be OK too.

Windows seems to generate a broken assemblygen executable.  It seems to be botching up the output to Q_PROPERTY.  Attached is a snippet from what Windows generated for bin/qyoto-qtcore.cs, along with the corresponding snipped generated by Linux.

Any help with these issues would be most appreciated.

Also, to Dimitar...re: GDB debugging under Windows, since I'm not yet running the latest version of Qyoto, I'm not sure my debugging will do you much help yet.

Steven Boswell