[Kde-bindings] Qyoto help

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed Sep 8 18:26:38 UTC 2010

(Replying to the mailing list again, so others can keep track of the thread)

On Wednesday 08 September 2010 19:49:29 you wrote:
> Thanks. I will check these tasks with more time and send my experiences for
> you.
>
> PS: Does uics utility need to be written in C++? How about rewrite uics in
> C#? It can be done with .NET 2 (XML old style reading) or .NET 3 (LINQ to
> XML).
No, it doesn't need to be written in C++ - you can of course re-implement it
in C#.
However, the C++ code already has all the logic for generating code from the
XML file - only the syntax needs to be changed.
If you want to do it completely in C#, you have to be careful to always be
compatible and implement every feature the C++ version has.
Personally, I'd modify uic - but that's your choice of course. If you want to
do it in C#, go ahead :)

arno at arnorehn.de