[Kde-bindings] Re: Qyoto

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Oct 19 18:02:51 UTC 2010

2010/10/19 Sven Aßmann <sven.assmann at lubico.biz>:
> I've read in the kdevelop mailinglist that kde will soon migrate to an own git
> repository git.kde.org. To avoid the fragmentation i prefer that all kde stuff
> (also qyoto) should be hosted on git.kde.org.
>
> But one big missing thing for the most all of kde projects is a platform wich
> allow an better (i mean a contemporary) way to comunicate and work well
> together.
> I think for example that github.com or lighthouseapp.com will offer a nice way
> to interact with teammembers.
> You have a nicer way for issue tracking than bugzilla on kde.org, and you can
> do much more things than now.
>
> But in the end, i think that codeplex could not be the final solution.

I agree, the idea of different parts of kdebindings being hosted at
multiple places at the same time doesn't make much sense to me.
There's nothing to kill productivity quite like being unsure if the
code you have is the latest or not.

As far as a platform, the git.kde.org infrastructure is actually going
to be pretty cool. Gitosis git hosting + reviewboard + Redmine. Amarok
code reviews are better now with Reviewboard then when we were on
Gitorious.

Ian