[Kde-bindings] Qyoto on Windows: binary packages

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 22:45:09 UTC 2010

Hi. I'd like to ask when there will be binary packages for Qyoto for Windows. What I mean is an msi installer which bundles the needed QT libraries and puts qt-dotnet.dll in the GAC, just like the installer for GTK#. I think QT is a much better tool-kit than GTK and it's a shame that its C# bindings are not as easily available on Windows. If such an installer is too much work would at least a zipped archive of the binaries be supplied?

By the way, an installer for Qyoto for Mac OS X will be really useful as well.

P.S.: Tonight I disrupted my sleep to try and compile Qyoto on Windows. After more than 3 hours, having tried both KDE for Windows and a separate installation of cmake, I couldn't build Qyoto. I am afraid I won't be able to spare additional efforts on that any time soon.