[Kde-bindings] SIGSEGV Error when running Qyoto apps?

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Mon Mar 29 18:21:24 UTC 2010

On Monday 29 March 2010 21:11:55 IBBoard wrote:
> On 29/03/10 17:30, Edmis Deivis Semanat Aldana wrote:
> > Arno Rehn wrote:

> >> The analog clock example works fine for me.
> >> Without a proper backtrace I'm afraid I can't do much to fix the
> >> problem. If you use distribution packages, install GDB and debug
> >> symbols for Qt, Qyoto and mono and run the example with 'mono --debug
> >> <executable>'.
> >
> > Hi, this is what i get from mono --debug TestQyoto.exe
> > Thanks.
> >
> Sorry - I made that post you linked to but haven't worked with Qyoto
> much since then. I did manage to get a couple of crash logs without full
> debug symbols and the stacktrace is basically the same as yours:
>
> My code -> SmokeInvocation.Invoke -> .CallSmokeMethod 0xffffffff ->
> .CallSmokeMethod 0x0006e
>
> I had crashes in a number of different places - sometimes straight on
> startup, sometimes when clicking a button that'd work other times,
> sometimes when hovering a tree. I'll try to recreate again soon.
Strange. I'm wondering if the packagers turn on any strange optimizations that
make this crash or if our code is buggy. I never had any of those.
But thanks for your efforts to try and get this fixed :)

> As for versions for Arno, what number are you looking for? I've got
> Mono-QT 4.3.5 from the base openSUSE 11.2 repos at the moment, which has
> "/usr/lib/mono/gac/qt-dotnet/4.5.0.0__194a23ba31c08164/qt-dotnet.dll" in
> it. Not sure which numbers tie in to the main versioning.
mono-qt 4.3.5 is what I'm looking for. This identifies to which release of
kdebindings it belongs. The version number of the assembly only indicates the
version of Qt being wrapped.

arno at arnorehn.de