[Kde-bindings] SIGSEGV Error when running Qyoto apps?

IBBoard ibboard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 19:11:55 UTC 2010

On 29/03/10 17:30, Edmis Deivis Semanat Aldana wrote:
> Arno Rehn wrote:
>> On Monday 29 March 2010 16:51:22 Edmis Deivis Semanat Aldana wrote:
>>
>>> When running very simple apps using Qyoto  I always get this error
>>> =================================================================
>>> Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
>>> a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
>>> used by your application.
>>> =================================================================
>>>
>>> I found this message in the archive
>>> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-bindings&m=126676255225955&w=2#1 but still no
>>> solution for the problem. Can someone help?
>>>
>> The analog clock example works fine for me.
>> Without a proper backtrace I'm afraid I can't do much to fix the problem. If
>> you use distribution packages, install GDB and debug symbols for Qt, Qyoto and
>> mono and run the example with 'mono --debug <executable>'.
>>

> Hi, this is what i get from mono --debug TestQyoto.exe
> Thanks.
>
> Stacktrace:
>

>   at (wrapper managed-to-native) Qyoto.SmokeInvocation.CallSmokeMethod
> (intptr,int,intptr,intptr,int) <0x00004>
>   at (wrapper managed-to-native) Qyoto.SmokeInvocation.CallSmokeMethod
> (intptr,int,intptr,intptr,int) <0xffffffff>
>   at Qyoto.SmokeInvocation.Invoke (string,string,System.Type,object[])
> <0x0094b>
>   at Qyoto.QApplication..ctor (string[])
> <0x00203>
>   at AnalogClockMain.Main (string[]) [0x00000] in
> /home/edsa/Projects/TestQyoto/TestQyoto/main.cs:28
>   at (wrapper runtime-invoke) AnalogClockMain.runtime_invoke_int_object
> (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Sorry - I made that post you linked to but haven't worked with Qyoto
much since then. I did manage to get a couple of crash logs without full
debug symbols and the stacktrace is basically the same as yours:

My code -> SmokeInvocation.Invoke -> .CallSmokeMethod 0xffffffff ->
.CallSmokeMethod 0x0006e

I had crashes in a number of different places - sometimes straight on
startup, sometimes when clicking a button that'd work other times,
sometimes when hovering a tree. I'll try to recreate again soon.

As for versions for Arno, what number are you looking for? I've got
Mono-QT 4.3.5 from the base openSUSE 11.2 repos at the moment, which has
"/usr/lib/mono/gac/qt-dotnet/4.5.0.0__194a23ba31c08164/qt-dotnet.dll" in
it. Not sure which numbers tie in to the main versioning.