[Kde-bindings] some info needed

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Mon Jun 21 18:58:51 UTC 2010

On Monday 21 June 2010 20:52:53 you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to do the same as here:
> http://www.archivum.info/kde-devel@kde.org/2009-05/00090/Re:-Poppler-C-bin
> dings.html (generate c# bindings for poppler qt4 interface)
>
> I trying to figure out: should I use kalyptus or qyotoassemblygen? Is there
> some documentation/help/info about this anywhere? I need some orientation
> here.
Well, you'll first need a SMOKE lib for poppler, which wraps all the method
calls in some nicely accessible way. You should use smokegen for that (look at
the kdebindings sources).

Once you have that, you need to generate the C# sources. Qyotoassemblygen
works better and more reliably than the kalyptus generator, but the assemblies
it produces are not 100% compatible with the current C# sources. You might
have to fiddle around with it a bit.

Currently I don't have much ambitions to carry on working on Qyoto/Kimono,
since not many people are using it and it's a closed platform after all. I'm
CC'ing the kdebindings ML, so other people can help as well.

arno at arnorehn.de