[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/generator/generators/smoke

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sun Jun 20 23:17:11 UTC 2010

On Monday 21 June 2010 00:10:02 Richard Dale wrote:
> Is typeid() always guaranteed to work even in dynamically loaded libs? I
> thought there were problems with C++ rtti for dynamically loaded libs with
> things like dynamic casts, and I don't know if typeid() is one of those
> sort of things.
According to what a quick search turned up, this is only relevant if we check
across a DSO's boundaries.

However, the path of the check that can evaluate to 'true' is only doing that
if the objects in question are of the same type - and thus contained within
the DSO's boundaries. So this shouldn't be a problem.

arno at arnorehn.de