[Kde-bindings] Compiling smoke on Windows

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 06:15:24 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Chris Burel <chrisburel at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are you trying to accomplish?  Just compiling Smoke by itself
> won't get you much, unless you're writing bindings that use the Smoke
> library.  If that's the case, I'd try following the directions in the
> file CMakeLists.txt.qtruby.  That file should only build the Qt Smoke
> libraries and the Ruby bindings, which you can disable.  There was a
> recent patch submitted to the list that brings that file up to date,
> see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-bindings&m=126426421509119&w=2 .  I've
> used this method to compile the smoke libraries on OS X without having
> any kde packages installed.

I want to try CommonQt (Qt bindings for Common Lisp), which depends on Smoke
2. I'm really not interested in building (or installing) the rest of KDE, so
it sounds like that build method would be the right thing for me. I'll try
it out and see how far I get.

Thanks.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay