[Kde-bindings] Confusion korundum OR smoke generated (KDE 4.4)

Robert Riemann robert.riemann at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 25 21:12:42 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

it would be nice if someone could post some information related
to the changes of the ruby bindings coming in kde 4.4 in the techbase wiki.

Some interesting questions:

- When I use require 'korundum4' - what do I use? smoke generated
bindings or the old ones (korundum)
- I heard it is possible to deliver the bindings with the own ruy
project. How can I do that?
- Are there any differences between smoke generated and old bindings
(included classes, speed, etc)?
- Does it also work an a mac or on WxxxxxS ? What is with interoperability?
- Which Ruby versions are supported/recommended

Hope someone can answer some questions? If there is need of drive some
basic tests on linux, i can help you.
Maybe we can answer the questions on the list and can update the wiki
together...

Regards,

Robert

PS: Does already someone uses KDE 4.4 RC2 from opensuse buildservice
to test the (new) ruby bindings?