[Kde-bindings] Stability of Qyoto and QyotoDevelop?

James Mansion james at mansionfamily.plus.com
Tue Jan 19 19:35:25 UTC 2010

Arno Rehn wrote:
> Well, they can do that by hacking the code as well. If you install the .ui
> files system-wide, they can't edit them without root privileges anyway.

Doesn't it make sense to install them as resources?

I can't help feeling that the long period with the dormant qyoto web
site is going to take
a lot of effort to overcome.

Perhaps generating interest in the .Net (rather than Mono) community at
large would be a
good place to start.  Its a big target, and I suspect quite a soft one
given the relative merits
of QT 4.6 and WinForms. It might not be your target market in terms of
supporting KDE
development, but it has the potential to raise the profile and generate
some momentum.

But it will require that the dev process is straightforward on a
Windows-only platform
without cygwin etc - is that the case at the moment?

(Not least, it might actually spur me into trying to find the time to
have a play if it is)

James