[Kde-bindings] KjsEmbed - what is now and what will be?

Andreas Marschke xxtjaxx at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 27 22:34:37 UTC 2010

Hi everyone!

I had been trying to work with kross in the last few weeks to get kross
working with an  application I'm working on (Bangarang) and in that context
worked and tested it with Javascript(aka. KjsEmbed / Kjs).
The problem was that it mostly crashed even though I tried to implement it as
lean as possible.
I asked before why Kjs/KjsEmbed/Kross was so crashy and not as accepted
between other big projects in the KDE landscape as implementing pure
QtScript(Amarok) and ignore most of the greatness and variety that bindings to
Python and Ruby allow us to use.
As I had been told most of Kjs and KjsEmbed, where I dont even see where  the
difference between the two is, seem to be completely or halfway unmaintained
since the people who wrote it have other more important things to do which is
absolutely legitimit and not intended to offend them.
I would rather like to help.

So can you guys give me pointers to where I should go and help out codewise to
start fixing these issues?

I would also appreciate a small walk through on where the ruogh edges are and
where one can wave his hand to help.

Cheers,

Andreas Marschke.