[Kde-bindings] QtRuby4 gem successfully built for Windows

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Mon Feb 8 20:01:54 UTC 2010

On Monday 08 February 2010 05:53:09 pm Melton, Ryan wrote:
> I can regenerate the gem to have whatever version number people would like.
The last one was 2.0.3 and the new one is 2.1.0 probably. There is a new smoke
generator since that last release, and the smoke libs have been split up.

In a month or two I would like to release QtRuby 3.0 which will be multiple
Ruby extensions instead of just Qt4, and will have much improved code.

> If you really want to stick to the kdebindings versioning, then we can do
>  2.1.0.0.1084277 where 2.1.0 is the kdebindings version, 0 is the release
>  number that will go up with each release before the next "official"
>  kdebindings release for whatever reason (bug fixes, new Qt included, etc).
>  and 1084277 would indicate the subversion repository revision.
>

> How does that sound?
Well I would have trouble remembering that. I think most people who download
from RubyForge don't really know much about the KDE svn and so adding the
revision just complicates things.

> Please note that because QT is bundled into the Windows gem, whenever a new
>  Qt release happens, a new windows gem is needed, regardless of whether
>  there has been a kdebindings release.
Yes, we should release with Qt 4.6 rather than Qt 4.5 and it should be good
for a while I hope. If we can do new releases for 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and so on that
would be nice.