[Kde-bindings] Help start with MonoDevelop and Qyoto GUI

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Thu Feb 4 17:45:28 UTC 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010 12:43:01 linuxoidoz at yahoo.com.au wrote:
> I found some tutorials on the net on how to write basic apps in C# with
> Qyoto and successfully built them in MonoDevelop - no problem. I am
> wondering if you could please tell me how to
>
> 1. either convert .ui GUI files made in Qt Creator to C# for re-use in
> MonoDevelop
> 2. or design GUI in MonoDevelop but use Qt (Qyoto) calls to GUI widgets
The only possibility is #1. The 'uics' command line tool will create C# source
files from .ui files. You also don't need to fire up Qt Creator for designing
UI's. The stand-alone app "designer" does the same.

> Is there any way to use a graphical GUI designer to make GUIs in C# with
> Qyoto (it took me 50 times to build & run a Hello World with a button
> project just to move a single button to the place I wanted on the window,
> imagine what I have to do with a more complex interface)?
Qt Designer, as stated above.

> I've installed Qyotodevelop but I can't find it anywhere. What does it do?
> Where can I find it?
It's a plugin for MonoDevelop, which automatically updates C# source files
from the .ui files. But it's unmaintained and horribly broken.

arno at arnorehn.de