[Kde-bindings] How to properly install new generator?

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Mon Feb 1 19:36:54 UTC 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010 20:22:10 Richard Dale wrote:
> On Monday 01 February 2010 07:04:11 pm Arno Rehn wrote:

> > > Well I think it's quite important that we install it for KDE 4.4
> > > because for KDE 4.5 we want to encourage everyone to create smoke
> > > libraries in their own KDE svn modules. If we don't install the
> > > generator that will make that plan more complicated.
> > >
> > > If we want to install it I think it needs a more distinctive name that
> > > 'generator'. For example:
> > >
> > > kgenerator
> > > smokegen
> > > smokegenerator
> > > smokeapigen
> >
> > Maybe something like kwrappergenerator?
>
> Well we've never used the word 'wrapper' in anything we've done before.
> Maybe 'kbindingsgenerator'.
Yes, kbindingsgenerator sounds like a good name to me.

> > I don't really want to have "smoke"
> >
> >  in the name, but something more distinctive than only "generator".
>
> I've no idea why you don't want to use the name 'smoke' as it's a pretty
> important part of the smoke language bindings. But as long as it ends up
> being installed so people will be able to widely use it, I think that is
> more important than the name.
Well, that's because the thing is designed to be able to do more than just
generate smoke libraries. Maybe I'm a bit pedantic here (since it's current
job is to only generate smoke), but as long as we have other names that
shouldn't be too much of a problem ;)

arno at arnorehn.de