[Kde-bindings] Qt::CheckBox#checked missing from recent qtruby?

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Mon Feb 1 11:33:55 UTC 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010 10:16:32 am Stefano Crocco wrote:
> I just noticed that with recent versions of korundum from the 4.4 branch,
> Qt::CheckBox doesn't have a "checked" method, which existed with smoke
> generated with the old generator. Is this intentional? I guess so, since in
> the C++ api, the getter method for the checked property is isChecked(),
>  which correctly exists in qtruby together with its rubysh variants
>  "is_checked" and "checked?", but I wanted to be sure.
'checked' would have never been in the Smoke library as it is a Q_PROPERTY of
QAbstractButton. The other methods will call the isChecked() C++ method.

If a method isn't in the Smoke lib, and the target class is a subclass of
QObject, then the QtRuby runtime will look for a slot or a property that it
can call using the QMetaObject for the class. So what seems to have happened
is the mechanism to call Q_PROPERTYs dynamically isn't working at the moment.