[Kde-bindings] Building QtRuby on MeeGo - any advice?

Chris Burel chrisburel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 18:13:17 UTC 2010

2010/8/9 Arno Rehn <arno at arnorehn.de>:
> On Monday 09 August 2010 14:36:08 Declan McGrath wrote:
>> Cmake now runs to completion, which is a good start! When I run 'make'
>> I now get
>>
>> [  1%] Building CXX object
>> smoke/smokebase/CMakeFiles/smokebase.dir/smokebase.o Linking CXX shared
>> library libsmokebase.so
>> [  1%] Built target smokebase
>> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `smoke/qtcore/generator_smoke',
>> needed by `smoke/qtcore/smokedata.cpp'.  Stop.
>> make[1]: *** [smoke/qtcore/CMakeFiles/smokeqtcore.dir/all] Error 2
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> Am I making some rookie mistake?
> Make sure you didn't disable the 'generator' subdirectory in ccmake (i.e. the
> BUILD_generator variable should be set to 'ON')
I think you're running cmake on the wrong directory.  Previously, you
had posted:

* Assuming I'm in qtruby_build, I have the qtruby source code in ../qtruby
* I run
    cmake ../qtruby
If you have a copy of the kdebindings source, then the qtruby
directory is in kdebindings/ruby/qtruby/.  Which would mean you're
running cmake on the qtruby directory directly.  What I think you need
to do is run cmake on the kdebindings/ directory instead.
cd kdebindings top level dir
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..

Once cmake finishes, there will be a ruby/qtruby directory created in
your build dir.  cd to that dir and run make in there.