[Kde-bindings] NET classes in korundum ?

Richard Dale richard.dale at telefonica.net
Mon Apr 19 07:14:38 UTC 2010

On Sunday 18 April 2010 09:54:05 pm Han Holl wrote:
> On Sunday 18 April 2010, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > The NET classes seem to be tightly integrated with X11 stuff. I don't
> > think it'd make sense to wrap them without having X11 bindings for Ruby.
> > This is out of Korundum's scope, though, I think.
Yes, probably - I did add some X11 classes to the smoke lib a month or two ago
because someone wanted to use them from Ruby. Maybe as long as everything
still builds on Windows and Mac OS X it would be ok to add X11 classes.

> Ok, thanks.
> I was under the impression that Korundum's scope was binding KDE, and the
> NET classes seem to be part of KDE, but at least I know I don't have to
> look any further.
The NETRootInfo class is actually in the kdeui smoke library:

$ smokeapi -r kdeui NETRootInfo
enum NETRootInfo::ACTIONS
NETRootInfo::NETRootInfo(const NETRootInfo&)
NETRootInfo::NETRootInfo(_XDisplay*, unsigned long)
NETRootInfo::NETRootInfo(_XDisplay*, const unsigned long*, int)

But for some reason the class isn't in Korundum:

$ irb -rkorundum4
irb(main):001:0> p NETRootInfo
NameError: uninitialized constant NETRootInfo
        from (irb):1

I haven't had time to investigate why yet.