[Kde-bindings] signals of Phonon::MediaObject with ruby1.9

Robert Riemann robert.riemann at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Apr 2 21:56:36 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am working on a media player based on ruby(1.9) and korundum4 with phonon
support.

I got the very basics already working, but I am stuck on a problem related to
a special signal:

In line 215ff I am doing this:
>     @videoPlayer.mediaObject.connect( SIGNAL('stateChanged(Phonon::State,
>     Phonon::State)') ) do
>
>       puts 'hier'
>
>     end

Sincerely I always get the following error message:
> ruby1.9 main.rb
> kminitube(6238)/kdecore (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from
> "/var/tmp/kdecache-rriemann/ksycoca4" KCrash: Application 'main.rb'
> crashing...
> sock_file=/home/rriemann/.kde4/socket-saloutionmq/kdeinit4__0
> system call fstat: Ungültiger Dateideskriptor
>system call fstat: Ungültiger Dateideskriptor

Ungültiger Dateideskriptor = invalid file descriptor

If you want to run my example, you have to change the url in line 243 to a
video-file available on your system/internet.

Any ideas? I think it might be a bug.

Greets Robert