[Kde-bindings] building smoke

Petr Vanek petr at scribus.info
Wed Sep 23 07:33:46 UTC 2009

On Sep 22, 2009, at 10:50 PM, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:

> Em Segunda-feira 21 de setembro 2009, às 14:05:09, você escreveu:
>>>
>>> I tried again this morning with revision 1026229 with the same
>>> results.
>>> I'm using Gentoo Linux with the live kde ebuilds.
>>>
>>> Stefano
>>
>> Dirk's dashboard for the icecream cluster also is listing this
>> error as
>> well, so it's not isolated to Gentoo....
>
> I know the issue. I start to  have it after clean the system.
> Arno, you already have a previous installed bindings, with library
> in path,
> that's why you don't have the issue.
>
> I tried to solve in the Unix side, using this on main CMakeLists.txt:
>
> if( UNIX )
>  # Generator library is used during compilation. If some environment
> not
>  # have previous kdebindings installed, will fail, then we need add
> local
> path
>  set( ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/generator/bin )
> endif( UNIX )

Bug is confirmed here too (suse, fedora).

yep, it's dangerous for environments (like mine) with hiighly
customized LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Or use something like this:
set( ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/generator/bin:ENV
(LD_LIBRARY_PATH} )
to keep previous settings. (Now I feel like cpt. Obvious ;))

But it's working at all. I'm setting it from shell with export.

And one note - dynamically loaded plugins looks cool. But I know it's
a pain to port it to Windows. End of note.

cheers,
Petr