[Kde-bindings] QT3 support bug in kalyptus generator

Jonathan Schmidt-Dominé - Developer devel at the-user.org
Sun Sep 20 16:01:46 UTC 2009

Hi!

> There is no clear decision "from now we are using smokegenerator, kalyptus
>  is obsolete" announcement and/or warning running it (SVN version).
Well, the Smoke-developer (pumphaus) has decided to use a new generator. He
has written the new generator. The new generator is better. So it will replace
Kalyptus in the next months.

> I have a copy of some parts from kdebindings SVN tree and I'm still using
> kalyptus (ok, call it legacy).
You can do it, nobody will delete it entirely. You will always be able to get
Kalyptus from older revisions.

> So question is: is kalyptus history? So why is it still in SVN then? (and
>  the patch is not need anymore in this case of course).
Some libraries supported by Smoke still use Kalyptus. Their configuration
files was not yet rewritten for the new generator.

Jonathan

Operating System: GNU/Linux
Kernel: Linux 2.6.30-ARCH
Qt: 4.5.1
KDE: 4.3.68 (KDE 4.3.68 (KDE 4.4 >= 20090907))
KMail: 1.12.90