[Kde-bindings] Combining perl's MakeMaker with CMake for PerlQt4

Chris Burel chrisburel at gmail.com
Sat May 2 07:57:19 UTC 2009

I'm interested in unifying the build procedure for the PerlQt4
bindings I'm working on with that from kdebindings.  This means making
the bindings build with CMake.  I'm not sure how to do this.  Does
anyone have experience with perl's ExtUtils::MakeMaker module?  Am I
right in thinking that I'd need to rewrite a lot of the functionality
of MakeMaker in CMake?  Or could I just have CMake run the perl script
that generates the make file for the bindings, and have the bindings
have their own makefile?

Suggestions?