[Kde-bindings] PerlQt bindings ans SWIG ?

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Thu Jun 4 17:57:08 UTC 2009

On Thursday 04 June 2009 19:39:39 Chris Burel wrote:
> > It probably would be possible, but the bindings wouldn't be very
> > functional since they have no clue about signals/slots and meta-objects.
>
> Hey Arno,
> That was my initial thought, but PerlQt4 and QtRuby both have to build
> the QMetaObject for subclasses dynamically anyway, if you want the
> user to be able to define custom signals and slots.  I assume there's
> some additional smoke that Smoke does to make signals and slots work
> on that end, I just never see it through the smoke?
Smoke doesn't have anything to do with signals, slots or metaobjects. This is
all handled by the language-specific runtime.
qt_metacall is globally overridden in the runtime (ok, this is done via
SmokeBinding::callMethod()). Then there's a check if the target signal or slot
is defined in a perl/ruby/c#/php class and if so, the call is forwarded to
that.
Same goes for metaObject(). It's overridden in QObject and if anyone wants to
access the metaobject, a custom one that includes all user-defined
signals/slots/whatever is returned.

arno at arnorehn.de