[Kde-bindings] Can I put my 'Developing Ruby apps with the QT Designer' tutorial somewhere on KDE Techbase?

Declan McGrath declan at divilment.com
Sat Aug 15 07:54:21 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I'm just drafted a tutorial on developing Ruby apps with the QT Designer on Ubuntu at http://techbase.kde.org/User:Declan.mcgrath

If you think it might be useful for your techbase then please let me know with feedback and a location that I can move the page to.

I'm new to using QT with the Ruby bindings so I've almost certainly gotten some things wrong but I think it would be useful to have an article that combines using Ruby and the QT Designer. I can't find any such articles. A quick googling of 'ruby qt' gave

* http://www.darshancomputing.com/qt4-qtruby-tutorial             Doesn't mention using QT Designer
* http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Ruby          Doesn't really explain the steps you'd go through with a new simple Ruby app starting with QT Designer - a lot of 'noise' for the newbie
* http://www.kdevelop.org/doc/technotes/rubyrad.html              Out of date and KDE only
* http://www.arachnoid.com/ruby/RubyGUIProject/                       I found this the most useful. Still not simple enough and a bit out of date