[Kde-bindings] cmake -DPYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR not honored

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:52:42 UTC 2008

2008/11/10 Simon Edwards <simon at simonzone.com>:
> Marcos Dione wrote:
>>     hi. first of all, I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC: me
>> any answers.
>>
>>     I'm trying to make pykde install in my homedir instead of system
>> wide. I run:
>>
>> cmake ../../kdebindings/ -Wno-dev --debug-output \
>>     -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR \
>>     -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull \
>>     -DPYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR=$KDEDIR/lib/python2.5/site-packages
>>     ... with a properly set KDEDIR envvar. but what I get is:
>>
>> [...]
>> -- PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
>> [...]
>
> Just make sure that the Python interpreter which you installed under
> $KDEDIR is the first one on your $PATH, and cmake will automatically
> pick it up and use it.
>
> cheers,

I'm actually having the same problem (it happens for kdebase when it
installs plasma's python scriptengine as well). I haven't compiled the
Python interpreter under $KDEDIR, I just created a
$KDEDIR/lib/python2.6/site-packages package and pass it with
-DPYTHON_SITE_PACKAGE_DIR. I end up having to sed the install files to
make them point to the directory I've chosen. Is this the expected
behaviour? Am I supposed to compile the interpreter to make it work?

Thanks.