[Kde-bindings] cmake -DPYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR not honored

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Mon Nov 10 19:34:11 UTC 2008

Marcos Dione wrote:
>     hi. first of all, I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC: me
> any answers.
>
>     I'm trying to make pykde install in my homedir instead of system
> wide. I run:
>
> cmake ../../kdebindings/ -Wno-dev --debug-output \
>     -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR \
>     -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull \
>     -DPYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR=$KDEDIR/lib/python2.5/site-packages
>     ... with a properly set KDEDIR envvar. but what I get is:
>
> [...]
> -- PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
> [...]

Just make sure that the Python interpreter which you installed under
$KDEDIR is the first one on your $PATH, and cmake will automatically
pick it up and use it.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/