[Kde-bindings] [Reminder] Feature Freeze.

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Mon May 19 18:24:36 UTC 2008

Richard Dale wrote:

> On Monday 19 May 2008 17:10:28 Tom Albers wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> From the schedule: "May 19th, 2008: Hard Feature Freeze". For those of
>> you still working on stuff, you have until midnight YLT (Your Local Time)
>> to get it in. After that no new features can go in.
>>
>> Please look at:
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan
>>
>> And move everything red and yellow to:
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.2_Feature_Plan
>>
>> Happy bughunting all!
> I'm not sure about what constitutes a 'feature' in the kdebindings module.
> We've recently greatly improved our code generation for the Ruby/C#/PHP
> bindings ('modular smoke' now completed in the schedule), and would like
> to use that to generate a lot more bindings for the KDE apis. So we expect
> to be checking in lots of new bindings before the KDE 4.1 release, and I
> hope this is OK.

Ups, I moved the
"Wrap some more APIs (at least Akanodi for all languages and Plasma for C#)"
already from 4.1 to 4.2. I guess the prob (and reason for the move) is, that
the term is/was just very generic (as in something without a clear goal where
somebody is able to say "ok, that's done now"). But imho there is for sure no
reason to don't split it into e.g. "Akonadi bindings for C#" or "Plasma
bindings for Ruby" which wouldn't only result in more items but also result
in clear goals rather then a generic "Wrap some more APIs" one (which for
sure is never really "done" :)

Hope that was ok? Else for sure fell free to split/move/whatever && mark it
todo/progress/done/etc. the item by yourself :)