[Kde-bindings] branches/work/kdebindings-smoke2

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Mon Mar 10 18:31:16 UTC 2008

On Monday 10 March 2008 18:02:57 Arno Rehn wrote:
> Am Montag 10 März 2008 18:50:57 schrieb Arno Rehn:
> > SVN commit 784130 by arnorehn:
> >
> > * Backported changes from trunk/KDE/kdebindings
>
> Just to bring that topic up again: I would like to get modular smoke into
> trunk, so development could continue on this basis. It's quite some work to
> keep the modular branch up-to-date with trunk.
Yes, I think it would be a good idea to start working in the trunk on the
modular smoke.

> We could do a last release of monolithic smoke and the bindings, but in KDE
> 4.1 I would like to see the new smoke. If some bindings aren't ready for
> modular smoke yet, they can still use the monolithic one. If we change
> the .so versions they could even live together on one system.
I'd like to do a last release of the monolithic versions of both qtruby and
qyoto with qt 4.4 and webkit support as I think that is a pretty major extra
feature. Both the uics and rbuic4 could do with bringing up to date with qt
4.4 first, but maybe we could leave that if there isn't time.