[Kde-bindings] Qyoto ARGB windows using C++ QApplication hack: crashes

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sun Mar 2 15:24:56 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag 02 März 2008 14:29:27 schrieb William Lahti:
> I'd have to agree with Arno on the "Namespace" class to hold global
> methods... it is always a pain to have to change your reference to be
> fully qualified... Hrmm.... I cant remember if C# doesn't allow
> Kimono.KIO.KIO for a class name or whether it was class KIO { public
> uint KIO; } that wasn't allowed. If the latter, just repeating the
> namespace name as the global class name would be perfect. I dunno.
Kimono.KIO.KIO is possible. But as I already said this would make the
generated code look really crappy since we'd always have to write out the
full name of a class/enum (like Kimono.KIO.SimpleJob) for gmcs to get it
right. If we'd just write KIO.SimpleJob (as it is now) gmcs can't tell if
it's the nested class SimpleJob in the KIO class or the class in the KIO
namespace.

arno at arnorehn.de