[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/smoke

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Tue Jun 3 17:58:48 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 18:38:34 you wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Richard Dale wrote:
> > SVN commit 816101 by rdale:
> >
> > * Add a smoke lib for phonon
> > * The headers in the phonon_header_list currently aren't qualified with a
> > directory and are expected to be in the qt include directory, and it
> > won't work if the kde includes are in a different place.
> > * Unqualified header names in the header lists are really a nightmare and
> > this needs to be changed (eg I have 6 headers named 'document.h' in my
> > KDE includes).
>
> Not 100% sure what you mean with unqualified. I guess you mean <foo.h> vs.
> <project/foo.h>?
Yes, that's right. We needed to remove the directory from the names in
the 'header_list' file in order to get the bindings code generation working
with Mac OS X frameworks. But I think it will introduce other problems and we
need to rethink how we handle frameworks.

> For Phonon you can use <phonon/foo.h> or <Phonon/Foo> (the latter only
> includes the former - using a relative include, so only the path to
> Phonon/Foo needs to be in the -I paths)
I want to use <phonon/foo.h> - which is what the generated code already has. I
think the phonon header names are unique within KDE - it's ones
like 'document.h' that will give us problems.

> If you want to bind libphonon 4.2, the one that will be released with KDE
> 4.1, then you should not use the headers in Qt (which is libphonon 4.1).
> You should compile Qt with -no-phonon as a KDE developer anyway.
OK, I've been following the recent discussion on k-c-d about where the best
phonon is. The bindings code generation should work with both the KDE and Qt
versions as long as the KDE headers that I've used in
the 'phonon_header_list' are the same or are a superset of the Qt ones, and
as long as the KDE classes in the 'classlist' file are the same or are a
superset of the Qt ones. Then it uses ${QT_PHONON_LIBRARY} from the cmake
build system to link against which I assume is set to either the KDE phonon
or Qt version depending on which is installed.