[Kde-bindings] qyoto libraries ?

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Wed Jul 16 12:38:59 UTC 2008

On 2008-07-16, Helio Chissini de Castro <helio at kde.org> wrote:
> libqyoto.so
> libqyotoshared.so
> libqscintilla-sharp.so
>
> My question is:
> If they are libraries, we're missing proper soname,soversion and avoid carry
> devel info requirements ( yes, packagers are boring )
> If they are modules, should be under libdir/kde4/
> If they are special mono modules, should go elsewhere.

I was thru this with my local mono people yesterday ;)

those are special mono modules. You can see what is needed where with:
``monodis --moduleref foo.dll''

and if you want the mono library versions:
``monodis --assembly foo.dll'' (which should be approximately similar to
SONAMES.)

as far as I have understood, the .dll files loads the libfoo.so's.

the kimonopluginfactory.so is the other way around . it loads the dll's
from qt/kde code - and sholud be in kde plugin dir (libdir/kde4/)

Exactly where you put the libqyoto.so and friends is probably dependant
on your distro's mono policies, but you might need a dllmap file to tell
the dll file where to find it.

/Sune