[Kde-bindings] qyoto libraries ?

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed Jul 16 12:45:02 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 14:24:06 Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> Hi people.
>
> Today we have this three entries in libdir:
> libqyoto.so
> libqyotoshared.so
> libqscintilla-sharp.so
>
> This is suppose to be modules, libraries or a special mono module ?
>
> My question is:
> If they are libraries, we're missing proper soname,soversion and avoid
> carry devel info requirements ( yes, packagers are boring )
> If they are modules, should be under libdir/kde4/
> If they are special mono modules, should go elsewhere.
>
> Can someone give me a hint or an idea ? I can fix it with proper guidance (
> if there something to fix. of course )
I don't think there's something to fix. libqyotoshared.so is a shared library
that contains often used code and against which the individual libraries for
the binding modules link. So this is right in libdir. libqyoto.so and
libqscintilla.so initialize the smoke smoke lib needed by the module and
provide additional functionality needed by it. So they are modules really, but
they can't go into libdir/kde4 since the we need to P/Invoke into them and
Mono only looks for libraries in the linker dirs directly (afaik).
And I don't know if they really need soversions - we have no real versioning
scheme and you can't have multiple versions of them installed anyway (because
of the P/Invoke thing..)
It's the same thing with the QtRuby libs, btw.

arno at arnorehn.de