[Kde-bindings] Status of the kdebindings module?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Jul 9 18:45:24 UTC 2008

Richard Dale wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 July 2008 11:47:00 Simon Edwards wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> What is the status of the kdebindings modules? Do you guys know of any
>> issues which are blocking for the 4.1 RC1 release? The release team
>> wants to know. Time to speak up!
>>
>> I don't have any pykde4 blockers for RC1. (But I do have something which
>> I want to fix before the 4.1 release proper.)
> The most serious bug I can think of in the Ruby and C# bindings is that you
> can't include slot/signal types outside the types that are in the qt smoke
> module. So that means the dataUpdated() slots in plasma apps crash. Also the
> marshaller for the Plasma Plasma::DataEngine::Data type hasn't been tested
> yet, and it may need fixing if it has any bugs. These things will certainly
> be fixed this weekend at the bindings meeting.
>
> Perhaps the most important thing is that the C# and Ruby bindings build ok,
> and as far as I know they do.

Ok, I take that as meaning that there is no reason for the kdebindings
modules not to be in RC1.

@release-team, if the bindings don't build or whatever in RC1 then the
issue should be taken up on the kde-bindings list ASAP.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/