[Kde-bindings] Status of the kdebindings module?

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Wed Jul 9 11:11:44 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 11:47:00 Simon Edwards wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What is the status of the kdebindings modules? Do you guys know of any
> issues which are blocking for the 4.1 RC1 release? The release team
> wants to know. Time to speak up!
>
> I don't have any pykde4 blockers for RC1. (But I do have something which
> I want to fix before the 4.1 release proper.)
The most serious bug I can think of in the Ruby and C# bindings is that you
can't include slot/signal types outside the types that are in the qt smoke
module. So that means the dataUpdated() slots in plasma apps crash. Also the
marshaller for the Plasma Plasma::DataEngine::Data type hasn't been tested
yet, and it may need fixing if it has any bugs. These things will certainly
be fixed this weekend at the bindings meeting.

Perhaps the most important thing is that the C# and Ruby bindings build ok,
and as far as I know they do.